I was reading about Carole Mahoney’s mutated sales funnel and reflected back on some of the experiences that we’ve all had with retail salespeople.
Monthly Archives: May 2012
My Rant on Liars, Thieves and SMS
“Do you have a company on Facebook? Let’s Network! Post your FB link here and so we can remember to return the like
Started by ________”
- If this doesn’t put some companies out of business, lying, stealing or SMS probably will.
- Clearly, this isn’t a complete list. What’s your pet peeve? Post it in the comments or write an article about it and include the link.
Techniques for Effective Sales Coaching (Part 2)
In yesterday’s post, I mentioned my tennis coach. My tennis coach was also my General Science teacher and my Chemistry teacher. Why is that important? He knew me outside of the coach/player roles and knew my background, study/practice habits, intelligence, etc and could use that information when he coached me. Evaluating a salesperson prior to coaching allows the coach and the salesperson to be effective from the first day.
More to follow….
BTW, you want to feel what it’s like to be coached by me? Contact me.
Why Marketing Will Put You Out of Business
I found this on LinkedIn today.
Techniques for Effective Sales Coaching (Part 1)
Last night, I read Carole Mahoney’s post about the ineffectiveness of sales scripts. It got me thinking and wow, is there a lot to think about. So much so, that I’ve included “Part 1” in the title because I expect a sequel.
Start-ups and Succession Plans
We may not agree, but I think that a business founder goes through three stages.
- Starting up – very exciting, everything’s new, lot’s of energy, lots of firsts.
- Exit/Succession – again exciting, picking and preparing a successor, cashing out, realizing the dream, moving on to next challenge.
- The boring part in between – show up, do your job, ss/dd
- He was the only salesperson. The others had no interest.
- He was growing his on line presence, but he was the only one.
- He had no ‘heir apparent’ that was ready.
Who wants to be a Millionaire?
I have been lucky. Early in my career, I had the opportunity to work with people that came from ordinary backgrounds and did well. Along the way, I’ve had some very good conversations with some very smart people. I’d like to share two conversations and then summarize my point.
Sales E-Books and Sales Survey
Many of you are new, but if you’re paying attention, you should know that I’m all about real life. I share stuff that I do, no
t that I theorize should work. If you’ve never worked with me and you want to see something work, contact me and we’ll make it happen.
send it to me. If you don’t like to write, share the idea or ask me a question in the comments and I’ll turn it into a post.
The #1 Reason to Hire a Sales Consultant
I read and I have a short attention span. As a result of that combination, I’m attracted to one-line posts, titles with no bodies, and bullet points.
$100,000 in 12 Weeks
It’s now the middle of May. New Year’s resolutions are long gone. 1Q12 is either in the bank or in the tank. 2Q12 is a question mark and some are starting to look forward to 3Q12, or even Labor Day because the nice weather really puts a damper on sales in May – August.