New lead activity on Get your copy of 3 Things You Can Do NOW to GET SALES in Two Weeks!
Today is January 22nd.
I’ve been out and about this week and had several conversations with business owners and managers that (I write this with love in my heart.) are confused and don’t get it.
A regional sales manager for an international consumer products wrote, “Our meeting is going to be centered around using technology more and how we can engage our customer base through Facebook etc. I am not the “Hi-Tech” guy….”. It’s not about technology. It’s about knowing where your customers are ‘hanging out’ and being there with an interesting piece of information. It’s also not something that happens overnight. So, a gradual, benchmarked plan for adoption will lower resistance from the salespeople and insure success.
It’s not unusual for me to draw criticism for the way that I sell.
I saw an email recently that started with, “Learn Our Advanced Sales Methodology in a Free, Eight-Week Webinar Course!” and closed with, “We’ll dive deep in to the tactics and tools which have resulted in over 5,500 customers to date for our company and our partners.”
- Can a company that sells software teach you how to sell services where your retainer will 10-20 times the cost of their software?
- Do the math! This company has boasted that they’ve generated millions of leads. 5,500 customers. Millions > 5,500? Is that really a good conversion rate? Can you generate that many leads? Can you live with that closing ratio?
- Finally, do you have tens of millions of dollars in venture capital?
- Your own personal Sales Assessment
- 12 weekly webinars to learn the process for selling to inbound leads
- 12 weekly group coaching sessions to rehearse and practice.
- On-Demand 1:1 coaching with
an experienced marketing salesperson and/or sales coach.
You know the question, “What came first, the chicken or the egg?”